My Etsy Shop

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Just When You Thought It Couldn't...

Short of living under a rock (which,in this heat, certainly seems preferable to what the rest of us are doing), everyone knows what the weather has been doing here-sucking the life out of us, that's what...and the humidity has been so bad I can wake up with wet hair the day after I wash it...but not in a good way-
There's been a run on fans the likes of which haven't been seen since the pre-Christmas pursuit of Tickle Me Elmo a few years ago, and I found myself uncharacteristically biting my tongue when a certain rental establishment sold me their used floor model fan for three times what it was worth...classy.... Like all shortages, this weather has prompted some greed-and so be it, I paid, I wanted it, and everyone else for miles was out of fans-but that place just sold it's reputation for $35, which seems like not much...guess that's all it was worth.
Despite the hideous humidity and heinous heat, I woke up to a welcome message on my 'puter-I had made my first Etsy sale...this is huge, been waiting since mid-June, and it had gotten to the point where I felt that all my online efforts had been a waste of time.
So really, this posting is a bit of a like letter to the sweet buyer of one pair of earrings-thanks for making my morning, and restoring my faith in myself-it doesn't take much to ruin your reputation or to talk yourself out of patience, so today has been a mixed blessing, but a lesson in the affirmative, nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment