My Etsy Shop

Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Last Fair of the Year...

Yes, it's finally over..the Christmas season's last Farmers' and Crafters' Market has come to an end, and I'm glad I did it...it was very cold and very clear, felt like snow a bit, you know, when you get that taste on the back of your tongue, and your bones just feel it coming? Not supposed to though, so maybe it's just because it was very Christmassy today...
There were lots of decorations, and I was situated in a booth next to a horticulturalist wanderer who grows this and that, and wanders through the forest picking up this and that, and then creates astounding wreaths and mixed plant and flower bouquets (in the Winter!) so very beautiful that I was sorely tempted...
On the other side was a woman new to me, a massage artist,..yes, I'm conciously calling her that from first-hand knowledge, because when things were slow she "used" me to seduce business from all the strollers and window-shoppers...it was wonderful to be used in such a fashion!
I had my first taste of British-style ginger cake, and very good, tart and not too sweet, it was, too...
I bought homemade "smokie" sausages made from organically raised meat at a price that was competitive with the filler-and-drug-laden ones in regular markets...I've heard they are to die for...
And I sold a couple of things, although really I was lucky to sell at all, not many buyers about, probably too cold, and they were too sensible, to go wandering about the street in mid-December...
There were old-fashioned carolers in full 19th-century costume, walking slowly through the aisles of booths and singing, in harmony, the old carols, and the smiling and hugging, and the Merry Christmasing, just went on and on for the short four hours of the Market...

Now back home and exhausted from hauling heavy stuff back and forth, back and forth, from my truck to the storeroom, in the middle of my apartment block, I can't stop grinning, either...so glad I went and had a chance to experience all that sweetness and goodwill we hear about but rarely get enough of..

And spreading it around is gonna be easy...
May you all enjoy, in whatever fashion the season brings to you, your holiday time, just as I have...

No comments:

Post a Comment