My Etsy Shop

Monday, February 6, 2012

What, Exactly, is Plan B....?

For those of you who live in the States, land of inummerable choices, sometimes so many that it gets confusing, this story may not have much traction..but once again, an American corporation has bought up a Canadian chain of stores and, rather than continuing the brand, is imposing theirs on us..
The stores where I consistently bought my yarn (most of it) were much further away now that I moved to the Island I live on, but, at least, there were two within an hour of where I am...
They will be replaced by Target stores, and Targets do not sell yarn.
I find this beyond depressing, since it is getting increasingly expensive to create hats and sell them and still make a bit of money..now my best source for affordable but still good quality yarn is drying up...
True, there are 'boutique' yarn stores not too far away, but they are much more expensive, and have less variety..
The "Michael's" that are here (but far away) have very little yarn, and I won't shop at MalWart under any circumstances...what is a girl to do?
I guess this is what is known as progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment