My Etsy Shop

Friday, December 10, 2010

Taking a Moment to Consider..

As the craft fair season winds down, and I'm back outside for my Farmer's Market for 2 more Saturdays, I have noticed an odd thing..I keep selling camouflage patterned hats and scarves..
I try to consider that this is nothing new, and like animal prints, camo has been trendy for a few years..but never so much with women as now..
I've illustrated this posting with my 'tools', and two types of camo yarn, as well as some finished pieces, available from my Artfire shop or at my Farmer's Market on Saturdays, but I would like to spare at least a thought for what camo represents..in reality.
This season, as so many before it, my country and other countries are at war; now I really hate everything about war, but with just as much passion, I support the women and men who go and serve in our Forces..
This year, let's make it stylish to think about our troops, and hope against hope that we bring them all back, alive and well..
Now that would be a Christmas present worth having...

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the camo scarf and hat...
    but when I see civilian people walking around in camouflage clothing...it kinda freaks me out...I don't like it...just wanna say that "YOU" don't freak me out at all....lol

    have a great weekend my friend,
    bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for thinking of the troops. I like the cammo head thingy (earwarmer).

    PussDaddy

    ReplyDelete