My Etsy Shop

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Feels Like The First Time...

Guess there really is a first time for everything..
I wondered sometimes why there where so few crochet vids for left-handers like me, and then I found the Crochet Geek, on YouTube..I'll leave a link in case anyone's interested..
This wonderful  woman not only has  a huge variety of items for all you  regular righties, she also has seen fit to  notice us lefties, desolate, to fend for ourselves..
As some of you may know, or in case you don't, I'm self-taught, and never did learn to read a pattern..so I just kinda make it up as I go along...
Once in a while I'll watch a lefty's crochet vid, for what seems like hours, over and over again, to teach myself a specific stitch...and that is where I found  a baby girl's dress...so cute!  I had never taken on anything like it, so thought, just for the heck of it, to try...
And the results are in..I changed it up a little bit that's just how it is with me) and edged it with a contrasting yarn, made some booties for it, and of course, a matching hat...
Here are the results (not too shabby for a first timer...)

I'd like to  thank the Crochet Geek for  making me brave enough to at least attempt it, but, frankly, I will probably never 'go there' again...not  happy with following patterns for hours on end..and that is what it took, close to three days, altogether...whew!
http://www.youtube.com/user/tjw1963

No comments:

Post a Comment