My Etsy Shop

Sunday, August 15, 2010

It's Too Damn' Hot and Sales are Cold...another Series of Random Rants..Part 4(?) or more...

This just in... after the rather painful culling at the Cargoh site (of sellers that didn't 'fit' into their aesthetic, which they describe as urban edgy-indie... sorta) those of us who survived can breathe a collective sigh of relief..although, have to say, I have never seen so much vitriol in my life as was directed to admin on that site, due to their decision to start the adjudication process immediately, which was a radical departure from the original statement of welcome..and so many of these sellers are too complacent at Etsy..where these days, anything goes...
We are all getting a bit tired of working so hard for little or no return online; but I figured, what the heck, it's free and you only pay a fee when you sell-so other than product, no cost to me..unlike Etsy, where those little 20 cent increments can add up very quickly, and surprisingly, to real money..and, at least for me, no return..
I don't like eBay much, and Etsy seems to be headed that way, so another venue made sense..and i prefer adjudication...at craft markets and online..I don't want to even try to compete with the Third World financially, and people are willing to pay a premium for quality and originality..the problem is hooking up with that finite group.
The weather here has been just unbearable..having recently gone through my second major chunk of skin cancer removal, the last thing i want to do is go out there and get some more..been watering my little balcony garden at night, just to give the plants time to recover, but they aren't doing so well, except the tomatoes, which love the heat..the lettuces are unfortunately Lilliputian...and the parsley looks like a grizzled old man, gray-green and fuzzy in all the wrong places, stooped and grumpy..it recovers, it stoops, it recovers, it stoops..*sigh* container gardening during a heatwave is really a masochistic pursuit.
I think the whole world is going through some kind of pestilential problem-floods, fires, quakes, heatwaves, droughts..I guess these days, that geography really is destiny for many.
Hope all of you are surviving this in style..

No comments:

Post a Comment