My Etsy Shop

Friday, June 14, 2013

Where Do You Get Your Ideas, Part 2

So the next part of my dissertation on inspiration (!) will be on the materials  to create...
In my case, this time, yarn...as is evident in the pictures of  the various skeins and little blurbs of colour I already crocheted in preparation for the pansies I'm making...pansies?  Did she say pansies?
Whatever happened with the iris, the original object of her inspiration?
Don't know how  everyone else's mind operates, but mine has a tendency to roam, quite a bit in fact, as I consider all the possibilities...and if you think about it, pansies have a similar sort of colour structure as irises...sort of....and wavy shaped petals...so somehow, my idea went from an iris to a bunch of pansies..not to say I won't try an iris, later, but the pansy presented so many difficulties, and it's a much simpler structure, that I felt it might be better to take baby steps on this one...at least for now...
So, here are my materials and colours:

  And, in the next image, are the  close-ups of my starting shapes...



Finally, after a couple of hours, I have finished three of them, with some embroidery involved, as you can see
in the last image, below...

 Thought I'd include the tools I used as well..a needle threader is a fussy and annoying tool but absolutely critical when the yarn is fatter than the needle, and it almost always is...

These flowers took way too long,  was thinking I would be making a good dozen of them, but it'll take much longer than I thought, so that is all for now...
When I've finished them, and the requisite leaves, I'll be back with the finished project (of course, a hat, what did you think...?)

No comments:

Post a Comment